In recognition of November as National Alzheimer’s Awareness Month, SafetyNet hosted an educational podcast that provides valuable information related to Alzheimer’s including:
· The rising incidence of Alzheimer’s in the U.S.
· Common day-to-day challenges faced by people with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers
· Risks such as the common, yet life-threatening issue of wandering and steps caregivers can take to protect loved ones
· Advice for caregivers on building a strong support network
· Valuable online resources for caregivers of those with Alzheimer’s
The podcast addressed these subject matters with a panel of experts, including Gerald Flaherty, Vice President for Medical & Scientific Programs at the Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association; Jill Gilbert, Vice President at Caring.com; and John Paul Marosy, General Manager at SafetyNet.